DEKALB COUNTY SOLICITOR-GENERAL’S
TEEN DATING VIOLENCE AWARENESS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT CONTEST
SUBMIT YOUR PSA HERE
February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month. DeKalb County Solicitor-General Donna Coleman-Stribling wants to encourage high school students who are dating to recognize the characteristics of a healthy relationship. The Office of the DeKalb County Solicitor-General is partnering with Fit for a Queen Boutique and Savvi Formalwear of Stonecrest to sponsor our fourth annual Stop Teen Dating Violence Public Service Announcement Contest for DeKalb high school juniors and seniors.
The winner will receive a prom prize package including:
- Dinner for two
- Makeup artist services
- Attire for winner and a date of their choosing courtesy of Fit for a Queen and Savvi Formalwear of Stonecrest
Contest entrants must create a video PSA no more than 60 seconds long that offers tips for recognizing and maintaining healthy relationships. Our goal is for participants to present lasting visual examples to their peers on how healthy relationships can be developed from mutual respect and support, trust, honesty, compromise, individuality, good communication, problem solving and understanding.
The contest is open to all 11th and 12th Graders attending high schools in DeKalb County.
The Office of the DeKalb Solicitor-General’s Office encourages any teen who is aware of or experiencing teen dating violence to reach out to www.loveisrespect.org, call the Hotline at 1.866.331.9474 or text “LOVEIS” to 22522 for assistance.
- Videos must creatively demonstrate how to maintain a healthy relationship that prevents everything from relationship bullying to date rape.
- The actual run time of the PSA can be no longer than 1 minute (60 seconds). Students must create a 30-second version of their PSA for airing on local broadcast stations.
- The participant must be enrolled in a high school located in DeKalb County, GA, and be in either the 11th or 12th grade at the time of the contest.
- All videos must contain original content. Any plagiarizing or unlawful use of copyrighted material will constitute a disqualification.
- No profanity, nudity, explicit or graphic content will be permitted in any way. Videos containing such content will be subject to disqualification.
- Individuals prominently featured in videos must consent to being filmed.
- Please include at the beginning of each PSA an introduction sheet, screen or clapperboard, identifying the name of the student producing the video, the name of the video, their age, name of high school, grade and contact information. This footage will not count against the 1-minute time limit.
- When saving your video file, please label it with your full name and “DeKalb PSA”, followed by the video file extension (mp4, mov, avi, wmv, etc.). Here’s an example: doe.dekalbPSA.mov.
- The deadline for the contest is 12 a.m., February 24.
- Contest entries can be uploaded to YouTube with the file name as the title. Participants must email public link to video on YouTube to DCSGevents@dekalbcountyga.gov, or deliver on a flash drive (thumb drive) to our office at 556 N. McDonough Street, Suite 500, Decatur, GA 30030
- Completed consent and release form must also be submitted to the DeKalb County Solicitor-General.
View the winner of 2019 PSA Contest below:
View the winner of our 2018 PSA Contest below: