DEKALB COUNTY SOLICITOR-GENERAL’S
TEEN DATING VIOLENCE AWARENESS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT CONTEST
February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month. DeKalb County Solicitor-General Donna Coleman-Stribling wants to encourage high school students who are dating to recognize the characteristics of a healthy relationship. The Office of the DeKalb County Solicitor-General is hosting our sixth annual Stop Teen Dating Violence Public Service Announcement Contest for DeKalb high school juniors and seniors.
The winner will receive a prom prize package including:
- Dinner for two
- Makeup artist service
- Attire for winner and a date of their choosing
Contest entrants must create a video PSA no more than 60 seconds long that offers tips for recognizing and maintaining healthy relationships. Our goal is for participants to present lasting visual examples to their peers on how healthy relationships can be developed from mutual respect and support, trust, honesty, compromise, individuality, good communication, problem solving and understanding.
The contest is open to all 11 th and 12 th Graders attending high schools in DeKalb County.
The Office of the DeKalb Solicitor-General’s Office encourages any teen who is aware of or experiencing teen dating violence to reach out to www.loveisrespect.org, call the Hotline at 1.866.331.9474 or text “LOVEIS” to 22522 for assistance.
- Videos must creatively demonstrate how to maintain a healthy relationship that prevents everything from relationship bullying to date rape.
- The actual run time of the PSA can be no longer than 1 minute (60 seconds).
- The participant must be enrolled in a high school located in DeKalb County, GA, and be in either the 11th or 12th grade at the time of the contest.
- All videos must contain original content. Any plagiarizing or unlawful use of copyrighted material will constitute a disqualification.
- No profanity, nudity, explicit or graphic content will be permitted in any way. Videos containing such content will be subject to disqualification.
- Individuals prominently featured in videos must consent to being filmed.
- Please include at the beginning of each PSA an introduction sheet, screen or clapperboard, identifying the name of the student producing the video, the name of the video, their age, name of high school, grade and contact information. This footage will not count against the 1-minute time limit.
- When saving your video file, please label it with your full name and “DeKalb PSA”, followed by the video file extension (mp4, mov, avi, wmv, etc.). Here’s an example: doe.dekalbPSA.mov.
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube no earlier than Monday, January 30, 2023.
- The deadline for the contest is 12 a.m., February 17, 2023.
- The number of likes obtained by the video between January 30, 2023, and February 17, 2023, will be considered when determining the winning PSA.
- Contest entries must be uploaded to YouTube with the file name as the title. Participants must also email the public link to the video on YouTube to DCSGevents@dekalbcountyga.gov.
- Completed consent and release form must also be submitted to the DeKalb County Solicitor-General via email at DCSGevents@dekalbcountyga.gov.